The category "AI Market" was created in order to put more focus on current developments that have made their way out of research laboratories.
Authors from companies or those with an industrial project have the opportunity to present their "product" in a published paper. They can briefly introduce their new products and AI-related aspects, therefore allowing readers to gain a better understanding of current practical applications in AI. Of course, this also is a fantastic way to advertise the new product or line of industrial research.
The articles are published under the name of the author (with photo and vita) with mention of the company that uses the technology (with company logo and a brief description of the company). Naturally, these types of articles demonstrate the particular viewpoint of the author and company. Nonetheless, it is important that the focus remains on the general current scientific and technical state of AI and that the article does not turn into pure advertisement. It is equally important that the AI portion of the product or industrial research remains in the foreground. The article will be subject to a scientific assessment based on these criteria. The article will be printed for free.
These contributions should be 2 to 4 pages long and are published in the regular KI page layout (including the brief company portrait and author’s vita).
You can find specific instructions on the requested format on the publisher’s (Springer) website at www.springer.com/computer/ai/journal/13218. Please submit your contribution electronically to the link on that website as well. Below you will find a brief summary of the technical requirements:
- Contributions must be in English or German (English preferred),
- Must be 2-4 printed pages in length (including brief company profile and author’s vita),
- Contributions must be created with WORD or LaTeX and be submitted with physical address, e-mail address, and telephone number. You may download LaTeX or WORD templates from the Springer website,
- Please submit a print template in PDF format as well,
- Your manuscript should be free of any errors (please use proper correction software). Authors are solely responsible for any typing errors, etc. If the paper is written by non-native speakers of English, please have your manuscript reviewed for clarity by a colleague whose native language is English; and/or use a professional editing and proofreading service.
- Submit any images as a separate file,
- You must submit photos of the authors as well as brief profile,
- If applicable, you must also submit a company logo and brief company profile (roughly 350 characters).
You may submit contributions at any time. Accepted contributions will be published electronically at short notice ("Online First") and will generally then appear in the next print edition. If you have any other questions or plan to write a contribution, please contact the editor in advance:
Dr. Daniel Sonntag
German Research Center for AI (DFKI)
Phone: +49 681 85775 5354
Fax: +49 681 85775 5020
We look forward to receiving your contribution!